View Order Screen
From Opentaps Wiki
The "View Order" screen allows you to view and edit order details. To open this screen:
* Click: CRMSFA icon from the main navigation (splash) screen * Click: Orders Tab * Use any one of the three methods provided for finding your specific order, refer to Accessing Your Orders for details on finding your order * Click: Your desired Order in the list presented in the previous step This opens the View Order Screen for your desired order.
This gives you the order number, order date, the status of the order, and the history of its status, plus the sales channel and the commission rep. If the customer is flagged with special handling, such as a "do not ship to this customer" flag, it will be displayed here in red.
A drop down box in the section header provides access to these functions:
- Order status manual change option, for example an [Approve Order] or [Hold Order] may appear here.
- Picklist, prints a standard format (.PDF) page of the order contents, not the full picklist that is used in packing for shipment.
- PDF, prints a standard format (.PDF) of the customer order summary for you.
- Email, sends an email ,with subject of this order and with the order (.PDF) attached, to any addressee of your choosing. The standard confirmation email button,which uses a pre-configured template letter, is located in the "Contact Information" section.
If the order has already been approved, there will be a [Hold Order] button in lieu of the [Approve Order] button in the drop down box. This allows you to put the order "on hold" so that it will not ship.
Note: If you need to cancel an order, click on [Edit or Add Items] in the "Order Items" section below, and the [Cancel all Items] button will cancel the whole order for you. You can alternately cancel individual items one by one, to rebuild the order content without canceling the whole thing. Refer to Edit Order Items Screen.
Note: An order is considered "modifiable" if it has not been canceled, completed, or rejected.
This section shows the different payment methods for the order with the maximum amount to be charged to each payment method. If the order is still modifiable and full payment has not been received, you can use the [Receive Payment] button to record checks, cash, or other non-electronic payments received for the order. Any payment method must have been configured for this customer on their Account Details page, refer to The Accounts Tab. Clicking the [Cancel] button will remove a payment method.
If there are any amounts that do not have a payment method assigned to them, there is a box to add a credit card from the drop down menu. Fill in the amount to be paid with the credit card and click the [Add] button. This will add and authorize the credit card.
If there are credit cards already authorized for the order it will display the reference number, AVS (Address Verification Score), and any other credit card scoring system results from the credit card processor.
The buttons for [Authorize] and [Capture] allow you to manually authorize and capture a credit card transaction. The [Details] button will take you to a screen showing the results of the credit card authorization or capture transaction.
This section displays the name of the customer (as a link to their Account Details page) and any contact information associated with the order. Next to the name there is a [Other Orders] button to display the other orders of any status (created, approved, canceled, etc.) this customer has placed. Next to any contact email address you have there is a "Send a confirmation email" link for sending your template order confirmation letter. The Shipping Destination Address is also detailed in the contact information section, but you can expand on this in the Shipment Information section if there are multiple shipping addresses for this order.
An order is created in opentaps with one shipping destination, but it can then be split into multiple ship groups with different shipping destinations using the [New Ship Group] button at the top of this section, refer to New Ship Group Screen.
This section displays all the shipping destinations you have set up for this order, and you can use the drop down box at the top of this section to toggle between these destinations. It will show the shipping address, shipping method, and any carrier billing accounts used for the shipping destination selected. If the order is modifiable you can update these fields, which will update it in this section and in the contact information above.
If you change the shipping method it will store the new method but it will not automatically recalculate the shipping costs or applicable sales tax for you. To recalculate use the [Edit or Add Items] button in the Order Items section, then click the [Update] button at the bottom of that section to recalculate.
There is also a [Allow Split] button in this section to allow the splitting of an order that was originally designated as "ship together" as only one shipment. This allows the order to be partially shipped as items become available.
Note: Splitting into different shipments is different than splitting the order into several destinations with different shipments. These are two different items you can specify as needed.
Caution: Once an order is allowed to split you cannot change it back to "ship together".
Finally, the shipment information section will also display whether or not the order is a gift and the estimated ship date based on the item's availability and the shipping turnaround dates set for the warehouse.
This section displays a list of the order line items and their status, as well as the item quantities, adjustments, taxes and price. The section displays for each line item the product name, order status and history, quantity, unit price, price adjustments (as well as the price rule related to any adjustment), tax, shipping costs, and the total price.
The Quantity column categorizes data on the history of each order line item transaction, including:
- Ordered - This is the number of units in the initial customer order
- Cancelled - This is the number of units subsequently canceled from the initial order
- Net - The net is the number of units ordered less the number of units canceled.
- Shortfall - This is the quantity of units in the ordered not covered by current inventory.
- Reserved - How many units in the inventory are scheduled to be shipped out for this order.
- Shipped - This indicates how many units in the order have already been shipped.
- Outstanding - The number of units in the order yet to be shipped.
- Invoiced - The number of units that have been invoiced to the customer.
- Returned - The number of units that have been returned from the customer.
Each order line item section will also display the quantity per ship group if you have allowed shipping items in the order as separate ship groups.
Each line item section also displays inventory details about that product, including:
- Required for SO - This tells you how many units are currently required for existing orders.
- In Inventory QOH - This is the total number of units in your warehouse.
- On Order - This tells you how many units you have ordered from a supplier.
- In Production - This is how many units you are currently being manufactured internally.
- Unplanned - This tells you how many units you must either manufacture or order, given your requirements for existing orders and your inventory (factoring in units currently on order from a supplier or in production internally).
To the right of these quantities is a link for "Display delivery dates" if there are open purchase orders. Pressing on this link will show a list of the Estimated Delivery Dates for this product on open purchase orders.
There are three buttons in the "Order Items" section:
- [Edit or Add Items] - This button takes you to the Edit Order Items Screen.
- [Create Return] - This button only appears after an order has been shipped. Clicking the [Create Return] button will create the return and take you to the View and Edit Return screen.
- [Create as New Order] - This will use the order information to create a new order. Clicking the [Create as New Order] button will take you to the Review Order Screen.
Beginning in opentaps 1.4 and later, you can re-reserve the inventory of an order after the order has been created. If the order item has an inventory item associated with it, then you can click on [Re-Reserve]. A menu will appear, and you can enter the facility to reserve the inventory in and the quantity to reserve in that facility. The inventory will be reserved in that facility even if it does not currently have inventory available. See Reserving Inventory for Orders.
This section shows the emails related to this order, including:
- Date - Date and time the email was sent or received, or Pending if it has not been sent yet.
- From, To, Subject - Click on From and To to go to person or Subject to view the detail of the email.
You can also use the Reply and Forward buttons to the right to write a follow up reply or forward an email. Note that automatically sent order confirmation and shipment confirmation emails are not logged here.
Bookmarks and Files
Use the Bookmarks and Files section to store links, URLs, and files such as drawings or specifications that relate to the order.
In this section you can make private or public notes about an order. Clicking the [Create New] button will take you to the "Add Note" screen, where you can enter the note into an information section and select whether the note is an internal note from the drop down menu. An internal note is absent on printed documents and unavailable to anyone not logged in as the user who created the note. Click the [Save] button to save the note and return to the "View Order Screen" or click the [Go Back] button to return to the screen without saving.
If a note is labeled "internal", you have the option of clicking the [Make Public] button from the "View Order" screen to change its status. Similarly, if a note is not labeled "internal" you have the option of clicking the [Make Private] button to change its status.