Create Task Screen
From Opentaps Wiki
The "Create Task" screen allows you to add a task to the "Pending Activities" list. A task is an email or a phone call with a designated purpose. Creating a task will also automatically mark the task and its details on the "My Calendar" screen.
Enter the appropriate data into the following fields:
- Subject - This required field is the general subject of the task.
- Security - This specifies where the activity is "Public", which means it is viewable by all other users with permission to view Activities, or "Private", which means it is only viewable to the people involved in the activity, or by the user with manager permissions. See CRMSFA Activity Security for more details.
- Scheduled Start - This required field is the planned starting date. The actual start time will be recorded when you click the [Start] button on the Activity Details Screen. The scheduled start will be noted on the user's calendar on the My Home Screen.
- End Date and Time - This optional field allows you to enter an estimated conclusion time for the task. The actual "Completed" date and time will be recorded when you click the [Finish] button on the Activity Details Screen.
- Availability - Select whether you will be "Available", "Busy", or "Away" from the drop down menu.
- Avoid Scheduling Conflicts - If you are attempting to schedule an event during a time period when the user is busy or away the system will return an error unless you select to "Avoid Scheduling Conflicts", which will allow you to add the new event to the user's calendar on the My Home Screen.
- The following input fields are used to associate this task with other things:
- Related Party - Enter the internal ID for the party you have scheduled the event with or search for it using the lookup widget. You may add additional parties from the Activity Details Screen when viewing an event.
- Opportunity - If the event is related to an opportunity, you can enter the internal opportunity ID here manually or search for it using the lookup widget.
- Case - If the event pertains to a particular case, you can enter the internal case ID here manually or search for it using the lookup widget.
- Purpose - Select whether the task is a phone call or an email from the drop down menu.
- Duration - Enter the estimated duration of the task. This will be noted on the user's calendar on the My Home Screen.
- Description - This information box allows you to enter a brief description of the event.
Clicking the [Create] button will add the task to the user's "Pending Activities" list and will bring up the Activity Details Screen.